Sunday, April 1, 2012

#14 Power of a Mother's Prayer

LDSW #14


When my son Steve was serving a Church mission in Santiago, Chile some years ago, there was a day when I felt the need to pray for his welfare off and on during the day, which I did. He later related this experience to me. He and his companion stopped at a vendor’s stand and bought sausage rolls, similar to American hot dogs. They spread on some condiments but when Steve added the mayonnaise he said, while scooping his hand, “the mayo just slipped on off my roll and fell to the ground.” He shrugged, and thought “oh well,” and went on without it. His companion had put the mayo on his roll, and became violently ill. It was the only food they hadn’t eaten together. I believe Steve said his companion came down with typhoid fever and had to stay in the mission home until he was well. As near as Steve and I could pinpoint the time, it was the very day I felt he needed the extra prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment