Thursday, April 12, 2012

#18 - Choosing My Counselors

LDSW #18 - Choosing My Counselors


     Several years ago I was called to be a Primary President. My first assignment was to select two counselors and a Secretary to form our presidency. I had a pretty good idea of who I wanted to fill the positions but I followed the advice given to me by my bishop. I put before me a list of all the women in our ward. Then I knelt down and prayed for guidance. I would specifically pray about each name on the list and then “listen” to see if I felt any promptings either for or against each name. I did not get a confirmation about either of the women I thought I wanted to choose. I got a confirmation about a third person, but I was having a hard time getting the other counselor. I had left out the name of the former First Counselor because I didn’t think I could work with her, and really didn’t want to be counseled by a person who had served in the previous presidency. But, when I placed her name before the Lord I received both in my heart and my mind that she was the one I should call, which I did.


     In the next three months the two women I had wanted to call in the first place had both moved out of the ward, and the person I called as a counselor proved to be a very valuable assistant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment